The Pathways to Innovation Team of the University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez (UPRM) announces “Changing Campus Culture of Innovation and Entrepreneurial Thinking: Pathways to Innovation Grant Program” aimed to develop interdisciplinary, sustainable, and scalable projects across campus that promote growth of the innovation and entrepreneurial (I&E) ecosystem at UPRM. The program seeks disruptive proposals to implement I&E topics in the University via curricular, co-curricular or extracurricular initiatives.
Objectives of the Grant Program:
- To fund three to four research projects for one year (June 2017 to May 2018), $2,500 per project.
- To develop a culture of interdisciplinary collaboration in innovation and entrepreneurship.
- To incorporate undergraduate and graduate students in high-end, interdisciplinary disruptive and innovative projects that cultivates the entrepreneurial mindset.
- To stimulate the interaction among relevant academic departments at UPRM.
- To invest our funds in the most promising projects that expands the I&E ecosystem at UPRM.
- To promote economic growth via the formation of entrepreneurial teams and startups.
- To have all funded projects subsequently submit proposals to those agencies, institutions and corporations funding projects in I&E.
- To identify areas of collaboration with partners in the private sector.
Letter of Intent Due Date: Friday, March 31, 2017 at noon.
Full Proposal Deadline: Monday, April 17, 2017 at noon.